Started Aug 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Peteo
Senior MemberPosts: 1,569Gear list
Like?
Portrait Help Please????
Aug 17, 2012

I was going to post this on the Portrait Forum but figured I'd check with my Pentax friends first because hell, everyone here is like family!

My 17 year old daughter and her friends volunteered my wife and I to host a Homecoming Dinner for her friends that their dates this October. She said they want us to do it because they like my photo's I took of them tubing the other day and they know I like photography. Problem is I'm not a portrait type of guy and know little about what equipment is needed. I prefer landscape and sports action so this is a bit out of my comfort zone but I'm willing to learn.

So what basic equipment do I need for this? My camera is a K5 and I have an older 50mm f1.7 lens, 18 - 135mm lens and a 55 - 300mm. I thought the 50mm might be perfect for portraits. I don't have a flash or any extra lighting of any type. I don't want to spend a fortune but I'm willing to invest in the $200 to $300 range if needed. Should I just get a flash or one of the cheaper lighting kits?

Can I get a little help from my Pentax buddies here?

Thanks,

Peteo

Peteo's gear list:Peteo's gear list
Pentax MX-1 Pentax K-5 II Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED +8 more
Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
linkNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow