Clearviewer and RX100

Started Aug 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
andrbar
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,020Gear list
Like?
Re: Limited options
In reply to NIK11, Aug 17, 2012

Thanks Nick for the info. I'm exactly in the same boat. I'm still waiting for an advanced compact with buit in usable VF...even if it is a bit larger than the RX100.
By usable VF, I mean a VF which displays the main parameters.

It could be a high quality EVF, or an OVF with shooting info overlayed, (very expensive, I'm afraid...)
Tilting lens? Do you mean tilting LCD?

NIK11 wrote:

I have a 'clearviewer' on my S95.

It more or less solves the viewing problems in harsh light and allows better tracking of moving subjects. It's a cheap solution although not a particularly elegant one - it adds about 8mm(1/3") to the camera thickness and the close view is very pixelated.

Until manufacturers cotton on to the pent up demand for small cameras with EVF/OVF then the clearviewer is currently the only option. Try it.

I will likely buy the first decent small compact with built-in EVF, even if a different model increases on the S100/RX100 size to something else around 40mm thick. That's still pocketable fo me. And throw in a tilting lens please, NEX7 buyers are not the only ones wanting better handling from small cameras.

Nick

-- hide signature --
 andrbar's gear list:andrbar's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7100 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow