RX100 vs XZ-1 video

Started Aug 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
skiphunt13
Senior MemberPosts: 2,472
Like?
Re: RX100 vs XZ-1 video
In reply to Surya P, Aug 17, 2012

I appreciate your comments! But it's not really about "hobby" for me. I actually sell my work, publish, have well received shows. I just prefer to do so with basic gear instead of relying of top of the line pro gear.

I also sell stock video and have for the last 6 years. Much of my stock video footage was shot with pro & prosumer cameras... but some of it was shot with cheap consumer cameras and is still selling today in HD. So, the raw quality is important to me. The camera this person keeps raving about is ok, and it looks sharp enough... but I haven't seen ANY footage, even his own.. that proves that it can pull off a cinematic aesthetic. I have seen footage (cited in this thread) both raw footage from the RX100 that is amazing. AND footage that's been creatively color graded and fit for high end intercutting. Simply can't say the same thing about this other camera he keeps ranting about. Or any other small sensor video palmcorder for that matter.

I don't want to pay $650 for a pocketable compact to use for video. But unless I can find something cheaper that can beat or at least match the best I've seen from the RX100, I might have to fork over the cash.

This guy keeps raving on and on about small sensor video palm corders being so much better and capable of so much more than the RX100 for as low as $200. GREAT! I'd LOVE to see links that prove that... but this guy can't seem to produce any clips that actually back up his claims.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow