Flat view
TechyGeek
New MemberPosts: 7
Like?
µ4/3 as improved IQ Point & Shoot
Aug 17, 2012

Hello,

I'm looking for some advice and decided to come to the experts

My niece is after a camera with better IQ than the P&S compacts, and it seemed logical to me that micro 4/3 could fit the bill nicely.

However, she's not an experienced photographer, and, talking to her, using fixed focal length lenses just isn't going to work for her. However she's also looking for something of pocket-able (or near pocket-able) size.

The question is, have Panasonic yet fixed the image blur issue with the 14-42 Vario X Power Zoom. I think she could live with the resolution limitations at the long end and the edge limitations at 14mm, but many shots I've seen in the 1/60 - 1/200 range are worse than your average P&S compact. As these have mostly come from early GX1s, I was hoping that they would fix the problem.

Unfortunately, as the IS is magnetic and electrically driven from the body, it's just possible that the fix my need modification to both the lens and the drive electronics (lower resistance and higher current drive to generate eddy current stabilisation).

Does any one know anything more about this issue? It's a great shame as this would be an ideal stepping stone to get people from compacts onto more capable cameras.

Samsung GX-1S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow