Started Aug 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BicesterTerrier
Regular MemberPosts: 141
Like?
First few HDR images - feedback wanted
Aug 17, 2012

I have been a fan of HDR images for awhile and recently downloaded Photomatix,sadly before I read my NEX7 manual and noticed it has an HDR painting option, which is approaching the saem results as Photomatix.

I first started using the program by taking a RAW file and creating a + / - 1ev image, I then started trying to remember to turn on bracketing.

The images below are a mixture of methods. the church is an HDR created from a single RAW image used to make 5 different (equivalent) exposures in LR4. The second and third are bracketed in the camera (+ / - 0.7). All were pulled together in photomatix. Apologies for the lack of exif on the last, I actually took a screen print from my 500px page. The 3 images were 4, 5 & 6 second exposures at f16, iso 100 using an ND filter.

I have just noticed some ghosting on the second image that I missed, but if you don't look to hard it could be mistaken for something else.

If you are interested there are more HDR on my 500px page - http://www.500px.com/richardlockwood - the 4 images of the canal are all using the in-camera HDR painting on medium.

Please feel free to share your thoughts on the images below and on 500px.

Thanks,

Richard

Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow