Started Aug 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Soverain
Regular MemberPosts: 206
Like?
Sports photo - what to get...
Aug 17, 2012

I'm in the process of evaluating what to get as a step up from my D7000.

The most important factor when upgrading is that the new camera is appropriate for photographing ice hockey. (It being good for other things is of course also important, but hockey is my main focus.)

I now mainly use my D7000 and Nikon 70-200 VRII (bought since I have been planning a move to FX for quite a while), and while it works, I'd like some better low light performance. Better focus would be fine, but I'm actually pretty satisfied with how my D7K-focus behaves.

Naturally, more speed and the ability to do longer series would be appreciated should I upgrade.

Bottom line: what the hell do I get ? I don't make a lot of money on this, so while a D4 would obviously be great, I really shouldn't get one. D800 looks awesome, but not for my use. D700 is old, and I'd like video. Other DX-cameras would not offer me better low light performance.

Have I misunderstood something, or is it just a fact that Nikon doesn't have anything great slightly below the D4 for my kind of needs?

Nikon D4 Nikon D700 Nikon D7000 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow