Started Aug 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jhinkey
Senior MemberPosts: 2,323Gear list
Like?
Nikon 200/3.5 ED-IF AF
Aug 17, 2012

This lens was originally intended for the Nikon F3AF, but is reported to be an excellent lens.

I'm interested in it to see if it has excellent sharpness across the frame stopped down a bit on my D800. My 200/4 AIS has run out of steam at 36MP as well as my 180/2.8 AF.

Does anyone have any direct experience with this lens as far as it's IQ goes on DSLR bodies (and the D800 in particular). I know it will not AF on modern bodies and that's OK.

Also, will it damage my D800's electronics if I mount it? I know that I may have to disable the CPU or replace it entirely to get it to be happy with my D800. Ideally I would either disable the AF motor, but still have the CPU chip working. But I may have to take out the CPU altogether and replace it with one from Bjorn Rorslett.

Thanks for any information or experiences with this lens.

John
--

jhinkey's gear list:jhinkey's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Nikon D800 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 +19 more
Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow