Started Aug 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
douin
Forum MemberPosts: 87Gear list
Like?
Hesitating between Canon 5D Mark III and Nikon D800
Aug 17, 2012

Greetings from Bangkok! I went to the Nikon showroom yesterday and I was not very impressed by the fact that i had to insist to be able to hold a Nikon body or lens which were all shelved behind windows! Quite a difference from the day before at the Canon Showroom where all bodies and lenses are available for you to try. It had been a long time I had not held a Nikon body and i have to say it would take me time to get used to the ergonomics after Canon.

I have used both brands many years ago with the Nikon FA, F801, F90 and Canon AE1, A1 and currently i am using the 7D with 17/40 f4L, 24/105 f4L, 70/200 f4 L IS and the 300 f4 L IS. My shoots revolve around scenery, landscape, people when I travel around Asia.

My question is: on an HD 55 inch TV will the difference in sharpness/resolution show with a Nikon D800 over a Canon 5D Mark III?
Many thanks for letting me know.
Thierry

Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 7D Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
MehNew
No.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow