Started Aug 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Nippondenso
Regular MemberPosts: 367
Like?
I'm now really regretting buying a D800
Aug 16, 2012

I'm at a loss for words. I have been using my D800E for several months and I'm starting to get a pain in the pit of my stomach from all the misery this camera has caused me. Every time I use it is seems like I have to jump through a new hurdle. I've been shooting sports, events, landscape, and even been doing panorama shots. The last pano was the straw that broke the camel's back. I stitched a 14 framer together and it came out, well, freaken awesome, at least I thought. The problems this camera has caused for myself and my clients are inexcusable, shame on Nikon. The real slap in the face was when I handed over the DVDs to my clients and they said they were blown away by the sheer quality of these images. Now to the meat of the problem. The AF is quick and accurate while the DR has been mind numbingly amazing. The camera just produces! Now in all seriousness, my real gripe is the damn RAW files are so big, even with the latest and greatest computer making easy work of them. I've been giving my customers bigger crisper files. Their complaint is their computer is so slow opening these large JPGs. My only suggestion to Nikon for improving this camera is to give us the option to select images to be saved to 16MP RAW files. The D800 has been pure bliss in the studio and out in the field. Nikon hit this one out of the park!

Nikon D800 Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow