D200, I just can't quit you!

Started Aug 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Retzius
Retzius Contributing Member • Posts: 601
D200, I just can't quit you!

I have been shooting a D200 pretty much daily since 2006. I use this camera for work, play, family, vacations, art, and pretty much anything under the sun. I have tried lesser model Nikons, better model Nikons, and at the end of the day, I find the pro-sumer level Nikons like the D200 to be the perfect balance point of durability, cost, portability, and creative control.

Even after using a D300 for a while, although it was better for sports and action, I still find the D200 to produce my favorite images. It might just be personal bias, but I find they have a certain delicate tonality that just shines in portraits and in black and white.

Nikon, if you are listening, killing the Dx00 line would be a terrible decision. Please, bring out a D400 and expand the DX lens lineup. Do not neglect this line and let it die. I already have these terrible thoughts of jumping ship to a camera maker that seems to respond to customer demand.

Here are some shots that, at least to me, show why I like the D200. Have fun!

Retzius's gear list:Retzius's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +1 more
Nikon D200 Nikon D300 Nikon D40
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow