Interesting Legal Judgement

Started Aug 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
Biggs23
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,497Gear list
Like?
Re: Interesting Legal Judgement
In reply to Phileas Fogg, Aug 16, 2012

Phileas Fogg wrote:

A public business is not a private club!

So if I label my business a 'club' than I get to play by different rules huh?

You didn't address the public but women only spas or hotels though. At the very least that should be a valid point because those aren't clubs, they are normal businesses.

But you have an obligation to extend to them the same level of product and services that you'd any other client.

Why? My business is private and my own, why should I have to operate it in a way that I morally oppose? (The collective 'I', not the individual 'I', I'm arguing a point, not a moral position here.)

That said, just like Michael said if you are incapable or unwilling to do this type of job and can't be upfront then just find a reason to go look up your schedule and come back saying that date has another arrangement on it already and leave it at that.

The same type of people that have moral problems with gay marriage usually have moral problems with lying as well. Advocating that you should violate one moral standard to because of another seems pretty ridiculous.

Biggs23's gear list:Biggs23's gear list
Nikon D4 Nikon D800 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow