Started Aug 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
steppenwolfer
Contributing MemberPosts: 779Gear list
Like?
u4/3 was good choice G2 + (mostly) 12-50 photos
Aug 16, 2012

This year I decided to spend part of summer vacation on my bicycle. After looking around I decided to cycle part of Danube bike trail. Since time is of essence, I decided to ride for 1 week and after further exploration I decided on a approx. 700km long stretch of trail from city Ulm in Germany to Wiena in Austria. It was really pleasent ride and there were some photo oppurtunities.

Specifically for this trip I purchased 12-50 lens to go with my G2 (and CPL filter). Since my u4/3 kit is small and light I was also able to take Olympus 40-150 lens. I put everything in a front bag on bicycle handlebar (along with GPS, wallet, swiss army knife ant other stuff)

I was not willing to take D300s and various lenses, since that kit is significantly bigger and heavier and would have to.

I am quiet happy with 12-50 lens, which has very versatile range and focuses fast enough. On few occasions I had dificulties becouse it is f 6.3 at long end and in darker enviroments I had to use higher ISO where G2 is not very good. But all in all I think this kit is just perfect for such outings. Not to mention that is quiet low price compared to Nikon gear I own, so even if broken or stolen, loss would not be (too) significant.

my "workhorse"

Anyway, I would like to share more photos - 17 photos in next post.

steppenwolfer's gear list:steppenwolfer's gear list
Olympus XZ-2 iHS Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon D800 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G +7 more
Nikon D300S Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow