rev43
Regular MemberPosts: 114
Like?
Re: QR & same weak plastic buckles on most straps
In reply to dave gaines, Aug 16, 2012

dave gaines wrote:

rev43 wrote:

Jay Jenner wrote:

... what I currently hang my E3 from is a Crumpler Industry Disgrace. Its really tough and comfortable to wear.
Linkage here:

http://www.crumpler.com/us/Camera-Bags/Camera-Straps-Accessories/Industry-Disgrace.html

I am looking for one for my E-5 but without a quick release, would this fit the bill and did you buy it in the UK.

It looks like the Crumpler Industry Disgrace doesn't have QR buckles. The Convenient Disgrace does have the QR for using with multiple cameras and a huge neck strap.

Most of the better straps linked here use the same plastic strap cinch keepers. They only serve to create friction in the strap and keep it from sliding through and off the camera body loop. They're not designed to carry any weight and there isn't much real stress on them besides holding the straps firmly together.

I wonder if people who have had these fail have looked at the installation guide in the manuals before threading them?

Dave thanks for you reply but I have since found the information I asked for in my previous post, I had tried google and could not find the Crumpler Industry Disgrace strap here in the UK so I e-mailed the manufacturer and asked a previous poster on here who is in the UK but up to now havn't had a reply, I managed to order one from Amazon US today, my Olympus strap looks OK! but with the E-5 / 50-200 SWD and grip attached I would sooner be safe than sorry,

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow