ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MRM
MRM
Regular MemberPosts: 253
Like?
Getting spot-on in-focus action shots with a D7000
Aug 16, 2012

I had the chance to use a D7000 a few months back. While I liked the light weight of the camera (compared to a D200 and a D700), I found some problems with shooting action shots, particularly in dimly lit places, getting spot-on focused shots every time. It could have been the crappy lenses I was using. I know some folks on here have had issues with focusing on the D7000.

One thing I have found with a D700 is using the AF button on the back of the camera to get the subject(s) in focus while moving and using the shutter button just to capture the shot. The D7000 has no such button. I read Ken Rockwell's review where he talked about how accurate the focusing is on a D7000.

For those of you that have a D7000 and shoot action shots in some low light situations, what settings or tricks are you using to capture these shots in focus every time (or nearly every time)? I'm thinking about picking up one as an extra, but wanted some info before making any kind of decision.

Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow