jcockeri
Forum MemberPosts: 63
Like?
Re: My first SLR - D5100 Photos
In reply to nfpotter, Aug 16, 2012

nfpotter wrote:

jcockeri wrote:

Hello

Here are some photos taken on my new D5100. It's the first SLR I've ever owned, so I very new the whole thing. Don't be too harsh in your critiquing.

I took them all using M mode beause I'm trying to learn how to really "work" the camera.

I have heard many people say you can't capture great images on the D5100 or that it's for "soccer moms." Hopefully these will show that not only does it have a great sensor and amazing colour, but there is enough manual control to get exactly what you want.

I really don't think it should be thought of as a "beginners SLR," despite what the price tag might suggest. Nikon has done a great job with this camera and I'm a proud owner

Show me some of your D5100 pics!

First, where have you "heard many people say you can't capture great images on the D5100"? Sounds like BS.

I've heard it mentioned on posts on Flikr and other places

Second: you don't think it should be thought of as a beginner's SLR. Nikon has done a great job with this camera, and you're a proud owner. ARE YOU RETARDED? Your very title says it's your first SLR.

This doesn't make any sense. My first SLR could have been a D3X. Just because it's my first SLR doesn't automatically make it's a beginner one. I'm saying two different things:

1. I'm new to SLRs
2. Other people think of the D5100 as a beginner's camera.
3. ARE YOU RETARDED?

Third: why are your pictures so small? Did you even look at your own post?

I saw it in the preview but assumed they would go normal size when I actually posted.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow