Surely this cannot be true?

Started Aug 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
jcb9001
Junior MemberPosts: 49
Like?
Re: Surely this cannot be true?
In reply to DennisV, Aug 16, 2012

I used to read Rockwell, albeit with a grain of salt. But the dude has gone completely nuts in the last few months. I mean even more than he used to be. First it was his unreasoned and just plain incorrect comments about the "benefits" of using film. That was all just to get ad kickbacks from that lab he uses. Now this nonsense about local retailers. It's now painfully obvious that his sole purpose for having a web site at all is only to direct traffic to adorama and B+H, and amazon.

As if that's not bad enough: I went to his site to see the article first hand. It has indeed changed, although not in spirit. Imagine my shock when I clicked the back button on my browser to get back to DPReview, and instead I stayed on Rockwell's page. I looked at the back button history, and sure enough it is stacked a mile high with ad.doubleclick.net. Every time you click on back, he gets another hit, and it's actually impossible to get back to where you were.

Sorry Ken, but I'm done with you. You'll never get another page view from me again. I strongly urge others to do the same.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow