RX100 - Image data converter crashes in OS X Mountain Lion

Started Jul 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
Andrew Hodgkinson
Forum MemberPosts: 86
Like?
Re: SOLUTION: Re: RX100 - Image data converter crashes in OS X Mountain Lion -> so
In reply to Karen Mickleson, Aug 16, 2012

Karen: Me neither. I think if you haven't installed and run the software previously on Lion, it just crashes out. The crash report is coming from some deprecated part of the ColorSync framework and Mountain Lion certainly made a lot of changes (and introduced a lot of bugs) there. My guess is that the software builds some kind of colour tables, or something like that, when it is first run. This fails on Mountain Lion from the outset. On Lion, it works.

There's then probably some additional bugs which mean that if you have a preferences file from Lion, the application crashes (for another reason) on Mountain Lion. Perhaps the application wrote corrupted files which Lion tolerated, or refers to things which have moved in Mountain Lion and can't handle that, or whatever.

Either way, Sony have done a pretty remarkable job making a simple raw converter software manage to crash just because there's an OS update. Even crusty old Photoshop Elements 6 seems to run fine on it, and that's a considerably more complicated application.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow