My kit for Cambodia - difficult decisions

Started Aug 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
NZ Scott
Senior MemberPosts: 2,979Gear list
Like?
Re: Why on earth leave the 45mmF1.8 behind?
In reply to travelinbri_74, Aug 16, 2012

travelinbri_74 wrote:

Great great shots on the attached websites. I went recently with a EP3, 7-14, 20, and 45-200, it was a spur of the moment trip (as part of a trip to Thailand) or else I would have had the bigger camera, but I was happy, and used particularly the 7-14, but also got some great shots with the long zoom and in the evening, the 20. I would not leave a great little lens like the 45/1.8 behind (especially for candid portraits), but I don't mind over packing on lenses (well, I do mind, but I do it anyway). Wish I could meet up with you guys. I do agree that sometimes half the fun is not having all the choices and making due with what you have (a 5DII and a 16-35 plus perhaps an 85 or 150 or 70-200 would be great... less choices, easier to just enjoy shooting, hence the reason I am strongly considering a x100 (or x200 when it comes out).

Been there three times, including once very recently, and it has changed signficantly in the last 10 years indeed, but the temples are still the temples. Get out to Beng Melea.

Beng Melea - I'll have to check that out.

You're the second or third person who's said that things have changed heaps in the past 10 years. Hopefully not too much for the worse ...

Anyhow, my ride has arrived so it's time to go. I'll post some pix when I get back. My poor little 35 litre pack is bulging at the seams - and half of that is photography kit.

Thanks for your input, folks!

S

Best,
TBri

-- hide signature --
 NZ Scott's gear list:NZ Scott's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P3 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow