Clearviewer and RX100

Started Aug 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
Rick Evertsz
Regular MemberPosts: 249Gear list
Like?
Re: Clearviewer and RX100
In reply to andrbar, Aug 16, 2012

I never hold my camera at arm's length. I liked the NEX-5N because I could shoot from the waist, and thought I would miss the articulated LCD when I sold it to buy an RX100.

Surprisingly, the RX100 lends itself to shooting from the hip. The LCD is really clear when viewed at an angle. I hold the camera about 20cm from my body with my elbows locked into my sides. The camera is cradled in my left hand so I can operate the control ring, and I press the shutter button with my right thumb. Hope that's clear. Try it!

Mostly, I don't miss my DSLR's VF, nor do I miss the 5N's articulated screen. Obviously it's a compromise, but I find it works well for me and allows me to hold the camera nice and steady.

I'd prefer to have an EVF, but the RX100's viewing options are a lot more versatile than I had expected.

Rick Evertsz's gear list:Rick Evertsz's gear list
RX100 III Sony Alpha 7S Sony 135mm F1.8 ZA Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 24-70mm F4 OSS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow