Started Aug 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
varsis
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
Looking for a Tripod...
Aug 16, 2012

So I have been looking for a tripod, Im looking for the best bang for my buck with quality. I also need something that will handle cold weather. (No Plastic, atleast anything that will be snapping) I want twist lock legs for this reason. I was set on manfrotto but unsure about it in cold weather. Also they are a bit pricier.

I do not need carbon fibre. I think aluminum will do me just fine. I have not been able to find out which is the best there is so many mixed opinions on the web it gets confusing.

I really like the look of the Induro Tripods.

The Induro AT114 For Legs, with a decent head (Im thinking an manfrotto 3 way. 804RC2)

My other option would be to get a kit tripod. Induro seems to have some good pricing on their kits.

The Kit i was looking at is the Induro AKP1 Light enough, comes with a similar 3 way head from what I was looking at from manfrotto

So which would you choose? Or would you choose none of them?
Price range is up to 250 CAD. Preferably Less.

I have looked at Benro too but have not found much info other than cheap and decent quality. I would like to have this for life.

Right now in my photo bag is a d90, 70-300mm lense and 30-80mm lens. Hoping to add a primer in shortly! Down the road I may use a telephoto lens but they seem to be out of my price range.

Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow