Started Aug 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
R2D2
Forum ProPosts: 14,523Gear list
Like?
650D photo: Need your opinion please...
Aug 16, 2012

Hi all. Could I have your opinion on this photo if I may.

I was out shooting Egrets one evening last week with the 650D and 400 f5.6, when a cute little duck swam past me close by. My shutter speed was waaay slow for that focal length (1/80 sec unsupported), but the duck was there in the good light for just a moment, but then swam on by. I didn't have a chance to change any settings.

So I shot a quick burst and this one came out sharpest. I processed the RAW file in DPP and finished it off in Photoshop. But I've been having a bit of an issue with my Color Management recently. So I have to ask you if this image as posted is OK, or is it maybe a bit too Hot (Saturated)? On my monitor, the duck looks OK, and I like the reflections in the water, but do I need to tone them down at all? And does the duck look OK (the right color that is) on your monitor?

Many thanks in advance!
R2

ps. I do have a new colorimeter in my shopping cart, but it's been taking a backseat to funner stuff (like cameras and lenses!)

-- hide signature --

Good judgment comes from experience.
Experience comes from bad judgment.

http://www.pbase.com/jekyll_and_hyde/galleries

R2D2's gear list:R2D2's gear list
Canon EOS 650D Canon EOS 70D
Canon EOS 650D (EOS Rebel T4i / EOS Kiss X6i) Panasonic Lumix DMC-F5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow