Started Aug 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
Jaysun
Regular MemberPosts: 328
Like?
Re: Why do they keep doing that?
In reply to Jaysun, Aug 16, 2012

Jaysun wrote:

Tim A2 wrote:

I hope I didn't sound harsh and don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth. The challenges are gifts to us from the hosts and certainly the hosts don't deserve to be given a hard time. I also admit that hindsight is easier than foresight. Hopefully, though, more hosts will now spend a little time on the internet before finalizing their challenge. That way they may prevent their challenge from being spoiled or blemished.

I see that you handled your football challenge very well and promptly after the ambiguity was discovered. I don't know what is going on with the host of the crane challenge. Shouldn't he have responded to the comments on his challenge? He has not disqualified the herons and egrets, and therefore is implicitly saying they are acceptable. Some voters will know the difference and others won't and should not have to look up the difference if they don't.
--
http://flickr.com/photos/tim_a/

My apologies. I guess I didn't completely grasp what you were saying before I posted.

As for your challenge, I wouldn't worry too much about it. There is still plenty of time for the host to DQ and plenty of space for additional entries. Remember that each host (if they're up to date), has at least 3 challenges going on at a time - One announced, one open for submission and one open for voting. That doubles if they're running two different series' of challenges.

I, for one, have issues with the notification system on here, constantly. If you reply to this post, I'll get it right away. If you comment on a photo I posted, I'm also notified right away. However, if you send me a direct message or comment on one of my challenges, I don't get notification at all. I won't know until I come back to the site.

There's still 3 days left in the challenge and 90 open entry spots. Also remember that photos can be DQ'd after the voting phase has begun. I think the host will get to it eventually.

And, coincidentally, here's my latest challenge... botched because I didn't receive comment notification:

http://www.dpreview.com/challenges/Challenge.aspx?ID=7111&View=Results&Rows=4&Page=2

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow