What are your favorite new features in Mountain Lion?

Started Jul 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
MrScorpio
Senior MemberPosts: 1,351Gear list
Like?
Re: What are your favorite new features in Mountain Lion?
In reply to Alpha Doug, Aug 15, 2012

No iPad or iPhone???
Just the pure thought gives me the chills and Nightmares...
A life wo my gadgets? Nooo.....

Alpha Doug wrote:

I don't understand all the resistence to OS upgrades. For the most part, Apple OS upgrades are mostly painless. This upgrade, from Lion to Mountain Lion has been TOTALLY painless for me. But then I keep all my applications up to date, and I don't run any old Power PC code anymore. I also keep a complete current backup of my main disk as well. And I keep my directory cleaned up with Disk Warrior. After the Mountain Lion upgrade, it feels as if everything in the computer is just running faster.

But there are a bunch of little improvements that if you open yourself up to the experience are truly useful. On the other hand, if you don't have an iPhone, and you will "never" buy and iPad, some of the new features will not have any appeal for you. Personally, with both and iPhone 4 and a New iPad, the cloud synching features, and WiFi synching features are amazing. If you ever like to display things from your computer on your large flat panel TV, airplay mirroring is just the ticket. Except for plugging in external disk drives, I'm running completely wirelessly now. Great upgrade.

rb0321 wrote:

Not interested in many of the new features either (still on 10.6) but have it downloading now (as I type) for the significant security upgrade, with automatic updates. It's something Apple has been slow to respond to in the past so I'm really glad to see it.

-- hide signature --

Only my opinion. It's worth what you paid for it. Your mileage may vary! ;-}

http://www.dougwigton.com/

-- hide signature --
 MrScorpio's gear list:MrScorpio's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 +20 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow