Urgent r3000 problem Locked

Started Aug 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Rkelac
Regular MemberPosts: 465Gear list
Re: Curious....
In reply to Alpha Doug, Aug 15, 2012

Alpha Doug wrote:

So you are saying that when you print to your 3880, that if you had been printing on Matte paper with Matte Black, and all you do is just switch to glossy paper in the print dialogue, that the printer will clear out the matte black from the line (this has to be done prior to using photo black) and eventually it will start printing using photo black, completely automatically? I assure you, that is not what happens with an r2200, and r2880, or the r3000. First you have to toggle the printer to switch inks, using the LCD panel on the front, then you have to remove the printer in the print selection dialogue (apple) and then add it back in.
--
Only my opinion. It's worth what you paid for it. Your mileage may vary! ;-}

http://www.dougwigton.com/

Yes. That is what happened last night. I use Lightroom and presets.

It takes awhile to start printing again and is rather expensive to switch. Howeever, I'm going to be using third party inks when the current ones run out, so am not too concerned.

Here is what the 3880 manual says:

"You can use either Matte Black or Photo Black for printing. Both cartridges are installed all the time, and the printer knows which cartridge to use depending on the Media Type selected in the printer driver. You may sometimes need to switch cartridges as described below when using non-Epson media."

Are you perhaps not selecting an Epson media (even if using a non-Epson media) that uses the right type of ink cartridge (selecting an Epson glossy paper when you want to use the matte cartridge on some other brand of paper)?

Rkelac's gear list:Rkelac's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow