D4 Reikan Focal Results - Apature aperture test. Can anyone compare

Started Aug 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
Leonard Shepherd
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,472Gear list
Like?
Re: Yes but
In reply to boels069, Aug 15, 2012

boels069 wrote:

They are reliable and repeatable, even when shot outside the ballpark of Nikon, Canon, etc.

So is the amount of extra fuel used if you run your central heating in the middle of winter with all the windows and doors open.

That raises the question whether a brand's specs are up to real-life situations.

I have used Nikon AF for 13 years and found when I get poor focus the target was one of the 6 types Nikon mention or, or the subject was moving too fast for AF to keep pace.

As light level, maximum lens aperture, image magnification, subject contrast, focal length and subject type influence how well (or not) AF works it is not possible to say precisely which targets will produce poor results when.

One thing I have found testing my D800 where my D3s AF is not good is the D800 AF is much better

-- hide signature --

Leonard Shepherd

Many problems turn out to be a lack of intimate knowledge of complex modern camera equipment.

Leonard Shepherd's gear list:Leonard Shepherd's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR +19 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow