ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dannybgoode
Contributing MemberPosts: 644Gear list
Like?
How to manually focus quickly?
Aug 15, 2012

Hi all

I am now at the stage in my photography where I am generally comfortable being able to get the shot that I want most of the time, can find my way around the camera, can PP efficiently etc so I'm now looking to hone and practice certain techniques but also learn some new ones - some of which are more shall we say 'old fashioned'.

On this list is how to focus manually quickly. This may seem a bit odd given how good AF systems are now but there are a couple of circumstances where I may use it.

One is in shooting video. Not something I've done much of but with the arrival on my first baby I can see this on the agenda.

The other is when using older film bodies. I've deduced that the quickest and cheapest way of getting in to full frame photography on the odd occasion I want to go FF is to just get a 35mm film camera. Far cheaper than an 800E or 5D MKIII.

Finally, I feel this is a skill I should have.

So, that is the question - what are the techniques for achieving focus quickly but manually.

Cheers

Danny B

-- hide signature --
 dannybgoode's gear list:dannybgoode's gear list
Ricoh GR Digital IV Sigma DP2 Merrill Fujifilm X-Pro1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +5 more
Canon EOS 5D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow