Upgrade time. Canon 1 DX????

Started Aug 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
Kim van Heuven
Forum MemberPosts: 79
Like?
Re: Upgrade time. Canon 1 DX????
In reply to rhlpetrus, Aug 15, 2012

Hi,

Well I actually already own the 17-40 as wide angle but it needs replacement as I would like to have 2.8. Initially wanted to change it for the 16-35 but with the rumours of the Canon 14-24 I'm keeping on hold and wait for Photokina where something might be introduced.

Same goes for the 24-70 II. Waiting to purchase that lens until it is available. Although the 24-105 is a great walkaround lens, I doubt if it is in the same league as the new 24-70 II (well it shouldn't looking at their respective prices)

Would love a mid prime lens eg. canon 50 1.2 but from everything I've been reading about it, it's not Canon's best lens in their prime line up. Believe the 35L 1.4 is much better but I already have the Sony Nex-7 with 24/1.4 Zeiss lens which is very good too. If I want to take shots at f/9 the (lack off) AF performance on the Nex-7 doesn't really matter that much. Saying that, I've never compared the Nex-7 Zeiss combo with a FF Canon setup.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
kimNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow