Started Aug 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DWMurf
Senior MemberPosts: 1,027Gear list
Like?
UFO in HX30V telephoto images?
Aug 15, 2012

This UFO (unwanted floating object) shows up on the screen and in all images when using the telephoto end of the zoom. When I zoom out wide angle the UFO gradually moves to the left and out of the picture. I've checked the lens and it is clean on the outside, the only place I have access to on this fixed lens camera. I'm thinking something got inside the lens although the camera is new and has been carefully kept in a soft case in my pocket when not in use. Since i always use the camera wrist strap the camera has never been dropped. I wonder if the salt air being near the surf got into the camera, but this looks like it must be a solid particle of something.

Perhaps someone here has had experience with this kind of UFO (for lack of a better name for it)

DWMurf's gear list:DWMurf's gear list
Corel PaintShop Pro X4 Utltimate Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX30V Sony Alpha NEX-3N Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Rokinon 8mm f/2.8 UMC Aspherical Fisheye +17 more
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX30V
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow