Lens Aberration - Importance and Removal?

Started Aug 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
Dr JLW
Contributing MemberPosts: 512
Like?
Re: Lens Aberration - Importance and Removal?
In reply to hotdog321, Aug 15, 2012

I think Adobe CS5 and 6 are pretty good.

I use a camera whose lens is not in their profiles and I need it only when I shoot rasw which is not often but the lens correction filter works very well for me.

One thing I have noted is a shortcoming in Adobe is image stitchign. I frequently find that it can not put photos together when there is too much overlap. Also it often gets matching points wrong.

I think you might do better with an image stitcher that lets the user places the photos over each other and then the program stitches tehm together. Afterward some kind od interaction to find and fix stictching errors would be very handy.

Another feature would be a multi point warping transformation. The stictched images often make straightfeatures undulate. Adobe has a fix in its warping transforamtion but it is based on a 3 by 3 grid so it has to be used many times and usign in small subregions leads to tears that have to be patched.

For teh times I use it Adobe's lens correction filters work well I am not likely to buy more capability.

I am not a pro and I use a super zoom or middling image quality.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow