Upgrade time. Canon 1 DX????

Started Aug 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
Kim van Heuven
Forum MemberPosts: 79
Like?
Re: Upgrade time. Canon 1 DX????
In reply to Kim van Heuven, Aug 15, 2012

All,

Thanks for your feedback, much appreciated.

Wanted to buy the 5d Mark iii as there has been a significant price drop over the last 2months or so making it even cheaper than the D800.

Am expecting that the Canon 1DX will drop in price too (closer to the D4 price) once it gets in stock more and more at the shops.

Price difference between the 5d Mark iii and 1 DX is a lot currently looking at the differences between the camera, so a 5d mark iii would make much more sense. In addition to having the same AF system, the 5d mark iiii also has a few extra MP more than the 1 DX to play with.

But....... in the end I thought I would be more happy with the 1 DX and just couldn't resist buying it today feeling more relax knowing I bought what I really wanted. Was afraid I would still think of the 1 DX if I would purchase the 5d mark iii.

In addition to the Canon 1 DX I bought the Canon 70-200 2.8 II with it.

No money left but great camera gear to enjoy

Only other lens I might want to buy in the next few days is the Canon 85 1.2 II. Love to take pictures of my 3.5 year old daughter and the 85 1.2 is the best portrait lens. Only thing I'm slightly concerned about is the AF speed. As I've read on the forums, image quality wise, the 70-200 2.8 II is a great lens for portrait, the 85 1.2 II is a magical lens.

Do you think the 85 1.2 II would be a great addition alongside the 70-200 2.8 II or would it be overkill having the 70-200 already?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
kimNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow