Urban Myths; what is it about Olympus users that make us so gullible?

Started Aug 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Trevor Carpenter
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,270
Like?
Urban Myths; what is it about Olympus users that make us so gullible?
Aug 15, 2012

This sounds like a troll type posting but it comes from someone who has only Olympus kit and would love to believe the hype but is rapidly losing faith

Urban myth 1. EM5s are flying off the shelves

Not where I live in the UK. I have easy access to four camera shops. 3 of them have never stocked the camera and the other has had four in stock for months. I asked if they had sold any and was told one or two. When I asked how this compared with other items on the shelves it’s a total non performer. Apart from the obvious Canikon offerings, (Nikon 3100 and 5100 are very big), apparently if they were to use the term flying off the shelves it would refer to the Sony Nexs. The shops that have never stocked tell me that they do their homework but there is no interest. One of the retailers told me that they see it as a bit of a niche product, too expensive for one end of the market and too cheap for the other end of the buying scale.

On the Amazon top 100 camera s the list contains just about every camera you can buy but not this one.

Urban Myth 2. There will be an E7. There is absolutely no business case for selling an interchangeable lens camera for which there are no longer any lenses being produced. No sane manufacturer could ever expect to survive on their existing customer base only which in this case is diminishing rapidly

I really believe the end is nigh! Isn’t it time we all faced the facts and stopped kidding ourselves that Olympus has a glorious future.

-- hide signature --
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow