Any metering issues with the 5D3?

Started Aug 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
Olgierd
Regular MemberPosts: 390Gear list
Like?
Have heavy underexposure issue with flash...
In reply to tony field, Aug 15, 2012

...in following scenario (tested with 580/580II/600 on three different 5d3 bodies):

• 5d3 with flash on camera, head straight forward with diffuser or small soft box and ETTL set to evaluative - exposure requires +2 1/2 to +3 F-stops compensation at

practicaly any scene, even plain dark background. A slight tilt of the flash head up or removal of the diffuser/soft box or switching flash ETTL metering average and problem is gone.

My friends and I have tested it with 24-70 f2.8, 100L macro and 70-200 L II (all at f2.8). Don't see as much underexposure at wider focal lengths (like with 16-35 L II).

Could you please test this on your model? If this is common and bugging some more people perhaps we could ask Canon some questions?

Thanks.

-- hide signature --

Olgierd

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good or bad I'm guy with a big lens.

Olgierd's gear list:Olgierd's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS M Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
HTP?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow