In real life, how much better is E-M5 (vs. 1st gen)?

Started Aug 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
rezaf_2000
Regular MemberPosts: 335
Like?
Re: In real life, how much better is E-M5 (vs. 1st gen)?
In reply to venice, Aug 15, 2012

venice wrote:

If you rarely go above ISO 400,

I usually limit my ISO to 800, and jack it up in a case by case basis. Better high ISO would be nice...

The thing is I have learned to limit my ISO to 800, so I don't know how much of a liberating impact the better high ISO of E-M5 will have.

don't shoot moving subjects

I usually don't shoot moving subjects, but then again it might be my way of going around my E-P1's limits.

and don't go out when it rains the 1st gen cameras still hold up well.

I have an Oly E-1 (yes, the grand daddy!) for my rain shooting. I'm thinking of eBaying it if I get the E-M5.

Of course, the larger dynamic range and ability to bring up the shadows is far, far better in the EM5 but not everyone takes advantage of these qualities.

For me, the EM5 has replaced my M9 as my primary travel camera.

Now that is impressive!

There are also some really nice lenses that may be worthwhile additions to your travel kit.

Are you referring to my list of travel lenses which I mentioned in another post a few hours ago? What other lenses do you have in mind? I'm all ears.

Fashion Meets Fighting

I really liked your "fashion meets fighting" series, very innovative and actually pretty good fighting shots.

http://www.hatakeyamagallery.com/april-2012-bill-fulcher/

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow