OM-D and landscapes...should I have gotten an NEX7?

Started Aug 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
802Walker
Junior MemberPosts: 39
Like?
OM-D and landscapes...should I have gotten an NEX7?
Aug 15, 2012

I'm primarily a landscape shooter. I'm not professional by any means, but I enjoy the hobby and enjoy good images. I have been using a 30D for years, since it came out. I purchased an OM-D with 14-42 lens and took it on a recent backpacking trip. I was somewhat disappointed with the output. At 100% crop, the images looked pretty grainy and lacked detail compared to the images of my 30D. I admit that the camera was new and I am not an expert with it, so that could be the problem. Maybe I'm just being picky?

I'm seeking opinions from OM-D owners on the landscape capability of the camera - cause I'm thinking about getting an NEX7 instead. I love the OM-D (the size, the EVF, the feel in my hand), but for me at least, IQ matters the most. If I can get better output from the NEX7, maybe I made a wrong choice.

I'd love for you to post some examples of your high quality landscapes (high quality being clarity and detail, not awesome photographs).

I posted a sample photo taken with the OM-D and a 100% crop. The images were shot RAW and not edited at all.

Canon EOS 30D Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+10New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow