Started Aug 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
MarioV
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,340Gear list
Like?
Re: I wish.... I wish! NOT
In reply to jcmarfilph, Aug 15, 2012

jcmarfilph wrote:

MarioV wrote:

The comparison is pointless. The P510 is the only camera with the best zoom and it has the quality to back it up.

If you are talking about seeing the farthest coffee dispenser or chimney then yes.

Haha, well that shot of the lady by the expresso machine was actually impressive.

But I'm also talking about being able to take wildlife shots while remaining a safe distance. Sorry Joms, you have a greater chance of scaring away the animals or being chewed up

IF I was happy with less zoom then I would have gone with the FZ150 or 200.

FL is short and it is funny to see users are buying expensive TC just to make its reach longer. If I want toyzoom (which obviously I don't), I will get P510 or SX40.

Unfortunately, I have yet to see any photos from the HS30 to compel me to think it has equal or better quality that these 'Toyzooms". And I'm talking about sharp, distortion-free images from Wide to Full zoom. Not just the centre of the image! What should we call the HS30, "Toylens" ?

MarioV's gear list:MarioV's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Nikon D5200 Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC Macro OS HSM Tamron SP 90mm F2.8 Di VC USD 1:1 Macro
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow