Too many?

Started Jan 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
mandm
Regular MemberPosts: 464Gear list
Like?
Just My 2 Cents
In reply to PenguinPhotoCo, Aug 15, 2012

I still chuckle every time and then I tell the B&G or the B & mom that 'I hear that a lot'. They say it 15 to 20 minutes into a 1 to 2 hour meeting as we check each other out discussing what they want and what I can do as their wedding photographer. Then one says, 'You actually sound like you want to shoot our wedding'! (Chuckle) 'I hear that a lot'. Bride; 'We have checked-out other photographers and some/many/all don't sound like they really want to photograph our wedding'. 'I know a lot of pro's and they looovve portraits, but some do not like doing weddings, but know they have to'. Note: I'm not big on individual portraits,but I looovve weddings.

I started hearing this back in the early 1970's, I did my first wedding in 1970, I was still in high school, the neighbor girl had to get married (dam, I think that's still a secret) and the parents knew I had a good camera, it was a Nikon F, 50mm 2.0 and a Honeywell 800 Strobonar flash with kick butt power and super-fast recycling time (it used a 510 volt external battery pack).

What surprises me is I still hear the same thing from Brides! So, if you don't like weddings, the B&G know it when they talk to you.

You know you're getting old when many of the weddings I've done are the kids of weddings I did in the 70's & 80's! A former bride will call and ask if I still do weddings because their kid is getting married! This gives me the opportunity to offer them something they will tell their friends about. If you ever want a nice 20x24 print from your wedding, I still have the negatives (2 1/4"). Prints for them, their kids and grand kids. It's been worth keeping everything. One of my kids may be doing their grand kids weddings some day.
--

mandmp; 100% of my income since 1972 has been due to a camera. My hobby turned into an enjoyable & profitable career.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow