18-135 out of stock or not?

Started Aug 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
Martin Ocando
Senior MemberPosts: 2,594Gear list
Like?
Re: 18-135 out of stock or not?
In reply to Carlos U, Aug 15, 2012

Carlos, remember that kit lenses are bundled with the camera, and they cannot separate them. That is why they have it for the K30, but not for the K5. Being out of stock might also mean for online ordering only. Many stores reserve a certain amount of items to be sold in the store.
I would certainly check both Adorama and B&H.

Hope you have a great trip. Let me know when you arrive, so we can Skype. Deal?

Carlos U wrote:

It has been more than two weeks with B&H indicating that the 18-135 is “Temporarily out of stock”. But at the same time they offer the K30 + 18-135 kit in stock.

The thing is I’m planning to buy the K5 and the 18-135 right in the store (I’ll be in NY for some days next week), but looks like someone in B&H is trying to twist my decision. I could buy the K5 in B&H and the lens elsewhere, but it would be nice to buy both things at the same place.

Are they trying to force potential buyers to go for the K30 instead? Or to buy the K5 with the 18-55 instead?

-- hide signature --

Saludos,
Carlos.

-- hide signature --

Martin Ocando
-------------------------

Martin Ocando's gear list:Martin Ocando's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow