Lenses for EPL1

Started Aug 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
Coldhitz
Junior MemberPosts: 39Gear list
Like?
Re: Lenses for EPL1
In reply to 453C, Aug 14, 2012

I hope this response goes through. I've been trying to post on here. I just saw your reply about my success and I was ecstatic. I tried so many times that after banging my head on a brick wall I just walked away from the headache and went on to something else. I got into the research behind these prime lenses ( Carl Zeiss CP2s for MFT which you listed the link to) and then checked out some others that were suggested to me. The Carl Zeiss lenses are way out of my range right now $$$. But I will be working with these lenses once I'm in film school. I really like the suggestion about the Olympus lenses and using a native MFT mount. I went through the lens database here and checked out both the 12 and the 45. I like them a lot and I'm leaning towards them. I don't want to fool around with zooms, they don't fit my needs. However, I came to the discovery that I like the wide angle of the 14 and 35 by using my 14-42 kit zoom on my EPL1. Rokinon has announced a series of cine primes for the usual mounts, but has also hinted at releasing an MFT mount and I look for this to be announced at Photokina. At this point I'm still learning the ins and outs of my camera and I plan on purchasing the gear to build my rig over the Thanksgiving Holiday. By this point the GH3 should be available for pre order at least and I will have the rest of my pre production in place and ready for a Christmas vacation shoot. Thank you for your advice.
--
"Alright, there's another one in the can."

Coldhitz's gear list:Coldhitz's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow