To the Users of the EF300mm f/2.8L IS II USM, EF400mm f/2.8L IS II USM, EF500mm f/4L

Started Aug 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jnk
jnk
Regular MemberPosts: 121Gear list
Like?
To the Users of the EF300mm f/2.8L IS II USM, EF400mm f/2.8L IS II USM, EF500mm f/4L
Aug 14, 2012

A friend informed me Canon send him a email asking him to send in his EF300mm f/2.8L IS II USM to fix something (English is not his native language) - I was going post here to see if anyone heard of this - while about to post - I did some research and sure enough -

posted on the Canon site under Product Advisories - I'll email this to him and thought I post it here as FYI:

To the Users of the EF300mm f/2.8L IS II USM, EF400mm f/2.8L IS II USM, EF500mm f/4L IS II USM, and EF600mm f/4L IS II USM Interchangeable Lenses for Canon Digital SLR Cameras

Thank you for using Canon products.

Canon has released a firmware update for EF300mm f/2.8L IS II USM, EF400mm F2.8L IS II USM, EF500mm f/4L IS II USM and EF600mm f/4L IS II USM lenses. This firmware update will be performed by Canon Service Centers. Please contact us using the contact information listed at the bottom of this page.

Firmware changes:
Firmware Version 1.1.1 incorporates the following enhancement:

1. Changes the control algorithm of the focus drive, and enhances the drive’s responsiveness for more precise focus and adjustments. In particular, the new firmware enhances the AI servo AF capability of the lenses to track objects that move irregularly in sports events, such as soccer or rugby.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/professional/lenses/ef_lenses/ef_300mm_f_2_8l_is_ii_usm?pageKeyCode=prdAdvDetail&docId=0901e024805fb8c0
--
Light is Life

Ken

jnk's gear list:jnk's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon D300S Nikon D800E +7 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow