Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Erland Nielsen
Regular MemberPosts: 479
Like?
GP-E2: combining log files with 5D3 images
Aug 14, 2012

I've had my GP-E2 for two weeks. The first days I've used it on "ON" attached to camera (5D3, firmware 1.1.3), and uploading pictures to flickr automatically creates a location map.

Now I've tested it a couple off days in log mode, stored in my bag, while I've photographed. Back home I import the log file, and the add images to the Map utility and select the "automatically add location information" button to all the Raw images, and save.

Now the exif file shows only latitude and longitude coordinates, no other GPS data like altitude, time etc. Uploading to flickr results in no map.

I've got the clock in the camera controlled by the GP-E2, which I assume that will only be updated while it is attached to the camera. I assume the clock will just carry on since last update. The location on the map in Map utility looks just fine.

Do I really have to have the GP-E2 attached to the camera while photographing, if I want all information in the exif file (I know compass will not be correct), and everything to run smoothly when uploading to e.g. flickr ? I can't figure out why it can't add all GPD data to the Raw file. Makes no sense.

Canon EOS 5D Mark III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow