Its game over for small sensors

Started Aug 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
Bad Pic kev
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,759Gear list
Like?
i should add
In reply to Bad Pic kev, Aug 14, 2012

the in camera charging is probably going to become the biggest bug-a-boo, or complaint about the rx-100. the external battery charger is faster at charging the battery vs the usb cable.

in another thread i scoffed at a poster moaning about the x-10.s battery life. while the rx-100 battery lasts about 330 shots. plugging the camera into a usb cable, then charging, disconnecting swap out the battery for a spare, then repeating the same process, seems rather laborious. it will get old and so will the camera.

while i do like the idea of in camera charging. i would rather have it in addition to a dedicated charger. the reason why, i know a lot of camera users that connect the camera to download their pics. so while downloading it also charges. in the case of the rx-100 you need to purchase the external charger.

another thing, by going to a larger sensor it should give way better results than smaller sensor cameras, but i remember the first sony dslrs, they carried the same sensors as nikon yet nikon gave better results.
--
I have a picture,
pinned to my wall.
An image of you and of me and we're laughing and loving it all.

Bad Pic kev's gear list:Bad Pic kev's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S2 Pro Fujifilm FinePix S3 Pro Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow