Started Aug 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
HBowman
Senior MemberPosts: 1,180
Like?
DP2m ISO test
Aug 14, 2012

The test is basically done in darkness, the back of my plasma TV at home, in very dim light. I opened in SPP 5.3 and touched nothing. Exported as 16 Bit Tiff Prophoto (my work-flow is in Prophoto). I opened it in LR4 where is reduced 100% Chrominance, and switched directly in B&W without touching anything. Export as JPG sRVB. Photo reduced in a basic free application. I done +0.7 bias to compensate any side effects, all in P mode.

The real scene where the test took place, the back of the TV.

ISO 100

ISO 200

ISO 400

ISO 800

ISO 1600

ISO 3200

ISO 6400

What can I say ? It is good, at least for me The real problems come at 1600 ISO, at a colour point of view. There is a huge break between 800 and 1600 ISO in term of colour rendering and chrominance.

The banding, horizontal in my case, start to be really present at 3200 ISO ... in this very test .

I will investigate more and will chase this banding to find the exact conditions, where and why he is generated at lower ISO.
--
http://www.hulyssbowman.com

Sigma DP2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow