Epson R2880 & borderless printing

Started Jun 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
Pamela Van Nest
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Re: Epson R2880 & borderless printing
In reply to Bigbikes, Aug 14, 2012

I was having the same problem, but found a solution on another forum. It seems it is something to do with the edge detection on the R2880 (and other models, too).

What works is to fool the edge detection. Since I usually do borderless printing on 7x10 cards (folded to 5x7 but loaded with wide side down), I insert a plain piece of 8.5x11 paper behind the photo paper I'm printing on so that this plain piece of paper feeds along with the 10x7.

When doing 5x7 photos or any other type where the paper is loaded narrow side down (normal position) I cut the 8.5x11 so that it's no wider than the 5x7 but is still longer than the 5x7.

OK. That was confusing with all the narrow-side down and wide-side down, etc. Short version is that you need to have a piece of plain copier paper feeding along with and longer than the paper you are printing on so that the edge detection doesn't detect an edge before it comes to the end of the paper you are printing on.

This seems to fix the problem for me.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow