Started Aug 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
David Hull
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,555Gear list
Like?
Re: Which Olympics were you watching?
In reply to Turbo Hampster, Aug 14, 2012

Turbo Hampster wrote:

carlk wrote:

The few shots I saw all have more black lenses than white. If you had a chance to see the chase car in the last game, the marathone, black lenses out number white lenses at least 2 to 1. That one is very clear since camera shot stayed on the truck for quite a few seconds. Anyway that panoramic tells the full story. There is no such thing as Canon AF smokes Nikon.

Exactly the few shots you saw haha

If you watched a decent amount you would of seen that overall it was fairly even and that overall canon probably had a few more but that is subjective as I didn't count them!

And anyways how ridiculous is it to be using how many of each brand is in the press pit at the olympics as a barometer of autofocus performance...

I think that the point he was trying to make was that if the AF were no good, there would have been very few Nikons there -- which is valid, IMO. However I doubt that very many of those that were there were D800 which is what this thread seems to be about.

David Hull's gear list:David Hull's gear list
Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS 5D Mark III
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow