Canon's new 61 pt AF system (1DX, 5D3) smokes Nikon

Started Aug 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
trueview
Regular MemberPosts: 165
Like?
Re: Which Olympics were you watching?
In reply to carlk, Aug 14, 2012

That's because so many of these guys are painting their white lenses black ! To even things out, I'm running off to paint my EF 200/2.8L in white.

carlk wrote:

The few shots I saw all have more black lenses than white. If you had a chance to see the chase car in the last game, the marathone, black lenses out number white lenses at least 2 to 1. That one is very clear since camera shot stayed on the truck for quite a few seconds. Anyway that panoramic tells the full story. There is no such thing as Canon AF smokes Nikon.

Edit, Just want to add people used to think the white lens is a marketing genius. Little did we know it can also come back to bite Canon.

rwbaron wrote:

David Hull wrote:

carlk wrote:

I don't know. If you watched Olympics you'll notice there are more Nikon shooters than Canon shooters in the games. Perhaps you know something those top pros don't?

W

Looked about even-steven to me.

I agree and actually from shots from the floor I noticed more Canon stuff than Nikon although someone posted a panoramic shot in the photog's area that looked like it favored Nikon. Most of what I saw on the TV was white stuff though.

People see what they want to see.

Bob
--
http://www.pbase.com/rwbaron

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow