Started Aug 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
trevor white
Forum MemberPosts: 84
Like?
Re: Same old Sony BS
In reply to Midwest, Aug 14, 2012

Midwest wrote:

trevor white wrote:

If for example an X20 was released, and, after being tested and praised with awards all over the place by DPR and other well reputed sites, and also, after being bought by numerous other folks who posted about their amazement at how good it was.

Would you STILL not consider it simply because you had a bad experience with the X10

Surely Trevor customer service plays a role in purchase decisions.

-- hide signature --

Apologies if my lack of photographic knowledge is catching.

Yes absolutely, I couldn't disagree with that one bit.

What I would suggest though, is that the vast majority of people into a particular hobby, who had previously had a poor experience / experiences of a brand, would put aside their feelings towards that brand, if that brand produced a REALLY stand out product, which was universally praised and proven to be the class leader.

I completely understand the sentiments of those who have had such experiences, I've had them myself. However, they can be soon forgotten if a manufacturer puts a product to market which is exceptional.

People are fickle and can be seen to be VERY willing to forget, especially if they feel they stand to gain by putting aside their preconceptions / beliefs towards a manufacturer. I would always tend to argue that purchasing choices are made by assessment of the products on offer at any given time, and not of the products from yesterday.

"Fool me once, shame on you... fool me twice, shame on me."

Except you wouldn't be getting "fooled" twice would you.

How can be you getting fooled "again" if your second purchase was the buying THE universally acclaimed stand out product in its class.

The way I see it, you're hardly getting fooled if you are buying a winner.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow