Started Aug 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Asi1
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
Nikon V1 over Sony RX ?
Aug 14, 2012

I was reading a lot about the rx100 recentaly and how good is it. I must say that i do not like sony brand despite their good products.  But i was considering the rx100 because it might be special.

I do mainly and perhaps only street photography with my Leica M6 and a b&w trix. I do not like long lens and even 50mm does not do it for me. My main lens are 28&35. I wanted something small to cary with me and my two favorite options are the Sony rx100 and the Nikon V1. My heart says Nikon because i prefer Nikon over Sony but everyone raving about the Sony so i can not decide. Perhaps you can help me. So my question is : considering the fact and my shooting habits that i hardly ever will   use Sony rx100 anything other then it 28mm lens for my street. And considering i will not use colour with either the sony or the nikon so white balance is not important. And considering that because i use 28mm lens i do very small croping if any so sony 20 mega pixel is no help as i do not do croping and i do not need more than 10 mega pixel. And considering the fact the for street i always try to be at aparture above f11 (my shooting is always day and not night). Also i heard Nikon has faster focus but that not important as well as i am planing to zone focusing seting each camera to 2-3 meter and shot. After saying all the above, will the sony still be any advantage over the nikon ?

To ask shortly and more clear : what would you choose and what less digital and more pleasent image i will get from those cameras ?

A black and white image. Nikon with 10mm lens vs Sony at its widest end.  F11-F16. Preset manual focus. Little or no croping at all. Small prints.
Thanks in advane and my best to you
Coe

Nikon 1 V1 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow