Capture One Pro 6 for half price €114,50!

Started Aug 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
mremonen
Regular MemberPosts: 167Gear list
Like?
Re: Capture One Pro 6 for half price €114,50!
In reply to BobYIL, Aug 14, 2012

Dunno. Downloaded the trial yesterday and tested it. I could not get any spectacular differences between it and LR4.1.

First I thought (by comparing two images) that the end result was lightyears ahead of LR4.1 but then I realized that I had two different images ;)... There are subtle differences e.g. in sharpness of the rendered RGB-image (remember: that is what is shown in the computer monitor) but as long as you really don't know whether you are comparing apples to apples you cannot be sure. For example we do not know how much initial in-built sharpening the C1 applies to the image, etc.

Anyway, because of the learning curve and the fact that it lacks quite a few other features from LR (such as Library and Map) I came to conclusion that this is not for me. I also put faith on Adobe to further develop ACR to get everything out of D800E raws. Even though LR is mostly for consumer market, the same ACR is used in the PS.

mremonen's gear list:mremonen's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony a6000 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow