Canon's new 61 pt AF system (1DX, 5D3) smokes Nikon

Started Aug 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
rwbaron
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,260Gear list
Like?
Re: Canon's new 61 pt AF system (1DX, 5D3) smokes Nikon
In reply to Slideshow Bob, Aug 13, 2012

Slideshow Bob wrote:

O.k, you've missed the point here, so let me try to make it clearer.

No I think you and a few others have missed the point so let me try to make it clear with a car analogy from my many days past of street racing (I love car analogies :D).

You've got the Chevy guys in one garage and the Ford guys in another across town and they don't care much for each other. Childish, yes, but it's just the way some people are. If you walk into either garage you're going to hear trash talk about the other make. You have to expect this (human nature, guy thing) and you'll be fine as long as you just listen and don't open your mouth because if you do and start calling what they're saying BS then you're in for trouble, and I mean big trouble. So if you want to read and observe that's fine but in cases such as this discretion is the better part of valor ;).

I'm here because the camera that I'm most interested in right now is the 5DIII. Canon's new teles (300, 500, and 600) are very appealing because of their weight, and the 5DIII is the first body from Canon that I really like the look of and could afford. But the D800E is also up for consideration because it's pixel density is pretty handy (probably wouldn't bother with an additional APS-C body), and I'd like to stay in the 14 stop DR club (had 14 stops for 7 years, and I like it!). So it's six of one, half dozen of the other, AFAIC. Mostly comes down to system cost, and right now, Canon is a lot more expensive.

With all due respect Bob if I had the time I could dig through posts from 3 or 4 years ago where you said the exact same thing about the 5Dc and then the 5D2. One of these days you're going to have to sh!t or get off the pot ;).

Bob
--
http://www.pbase.com/rwbaron

rwbaron's gear list:rwbaron's gear list
Canon PowerShot G9 Canon PowerShot S90 Canon PowerShot G1 X Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS 7D +20 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow