trevor white
Forum MemberPosts: 84
Like?
Re: Same old Sony BS
In reply to Midwest, Aug 13, 2012

Midwest wrote:

trevor white wrote:

I think I may need to clarify my point.

I am NOT referring specifically to Sony here, but any manufacturer.

Let's take a look at the X10 for example, a Fuji product. How many bought it and slated it / got rid of it simply because it didn't live up to what they expected it to be / orbs / quality / whatever. Now, numerous people have said that they'd not buy Fuji again, ever. So, what would these people do if fuji brings out an X20, which, once released, tested and bought by many, was found to be a bit groundbreaking, and, simply head and shoulders above the competition within its class, or, even above its class. Do we really believe these people would not go near it, due to their prior decision to "not buy fuji".???

Personally, I don't think so.

Well I have gone back and bought a brand of something after having a terrible experience with it, so certainly others would too. I believe that how the first disappointing product was handled by the mfr (whether repaired or replaced or refunded etc.) will have some impact on the customer's likelihood to give them another chance.

Myself, if I buy a new camera I want to complete the transaction and set about using it, not have a 3 or 6 month period of limited use, frustration, and waiting / hoping for some promise or plans for a replacement. That would put me off risking a second go-round.

If for example an X20 was released, and, after being tested and praised with awards all over the place by DPR and other well reputed sites, and also, after being bought by numerous other folks who posted about their amazement at how good it was.

Would you STILL not consider it simply because you had a bad experience with the X10

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow